The summer of sport is in full flow…but were not quite hitting all the right notes just yet. So it started with disappointment in South Africa, made slightly more palatable by the thrashing the Irish received to NZ. Followed closely by the ‘Bottle Job Boys’ crashing out on penalties yesterday after Andrea ‘The Puppetmaster’ Pirlo showed us a thing or two. Next up, let’s see what Andy Murray can do, it’s not like we have waited since 1936. On the brighter side the British Olympic team is almost finalised, with a lot of Athlete’s getting the nod yesterday in Birmingham.
This week sees another addition to the DigitalLockerRoom, you can also follow us on Twitter @digitalLR for daily highlights.
Sport news you may have missed
- [Olympics] Great idea by this bloke to propose whilst running with the torch but I think poor execution let him down- Bottled it (nothing on this guy)
- It’s been done before but nice nonetheless for season ticket holders of Parma FC it’s pretty cool to get your name on the shirt- Still Parma though…
- Adidas ‘slavery’ shoe withdrawn as shackles raise hackles- Can you imagine Slough if these were released?
- Heineken is aiming to become the “Apple Inc. of beer brands” with its design-led approach- Fashionable beer
- Bundesliga tops European shirt sponsorship league Don’t we all hate it when Ze Germans win
- [Olympics] London 2012 Olympic Legacy Development Chief set to step down after Games- Boris now in control
- [Wimbledon] Tennis Players Are Made of Typography in BBC Video Nadal…what a hero
- The rich list that reminds us women are still the poor relations of sport- BIG money
- [Olympics] Cadbury unveils interactive Olympic House – Dreamland
- Moneyball 2.0: How Missile Tracking Cameras Are Remaking The NBA- England next?
- Kyck: the Social Network for Soccer Fans Who is going to be the first to get this right?
- Coca-Cola and Procter and Gamble Lead the way into the new advertising era of Social TV – A Money Machine
- [Olympics-ish] ASA bans Nike athlete activity: misguided and unworkable- #makeitcount
- How Big Brands Create Social Media Campaigns- We all knew this though right?
- The world without internet: really interesting infographic Better or Worse?
- [Euro2012] How football is going digital- #Euro2012
Boo-Hoo, only one story this week on apps…
- [Euro2012] app rocks the download chart- 4.5Million
- adidas: Ready to Run Experiential Campaign- If you have only got time for one story, choose this
- [Olympics] I’m sure we have all seen it but here’s the new BA Team GB ad- soundtracked with London Calling- Bold move
- McDonalds: The Train Timetable- My body is a temple
- [Olympics] VisitBritain recruits Boris Becker and Lennox Lewis for ‘Great’ sports campaign- Talk about blowing your own trumpet
- How many cheers could Coca-Cola collect for this publicity stunt? Take a guess
- Twitter-Powered Vending Machine #BOSTWEET4T
- [Euro2012] Paddy Power agrees to pays £80,000 underpants fine – Who’s head is that?
- [Euro2012] Wayne Rooney posters strike gold for Sunday Times Cannes
- [Euro2012] Comfortably the print ad of the tournament to date – great work Specsavers- Tongue-in-Cheek
Random story of the week
- Can’t remember if this has been in before but its brilliant- Uncle Drew schooling some street ball players- Pepsi