Sport news you may have missed
- Keeping it in the family at the Junior Rugby World Cup- Young Stars
- So, it turns out an £3.8million loss was a success for the New Zealand RWC- Bring on 2015
- One for the Irish…English and French teams aren’t happy with the dominance of Irish rugby in the Heineken Cup- I blame poor season planning
- Nike intends to sell Umbro…just after they took over Man City sponsorship- Are England next?
- All Blacks score renewals with five major sponsors- Sport Frontier, Sport Business
- First Lady of Sponsorship explains how the industry has evolved- Karen Earl
- Argentina will bid for a RWC- Growing force
- Canterbury announce another partnership, this one with Sale Sharks- Taking over rugby
- Vodafone to end its sponsorship of cricket and V8 Supercars down under- Aussie’s
- Super slow motion videos of skateboarding tricks (not really relevant…)- Procrastination
- Wifi arrives at first London Tube stations- Getting ready for The Games
- Using a NikeFuel band to measure how popular you are on twitter- TweetFuel
- How Social Media is changing the sports ticketing market- American but still interesting
- The NBA Social Media awards, big step in the right direction- Would Joey Barton win anything if it was FA Awards?
- Twitters first ever TV commercial- See what he see’s
- Paddy Power uses augmented reality to bring the queen to life- Blippar
- The vending machine where you don’t get your beer unless you tackle for it- Rugbeer
- Nike-owned Jordan brand activates at Miami Heat’s playoff game, right under nose of NBA partner Adidas- Cheeky
- Lynx’s ballsy campaign reminds us “no one likes dirty balls” (My mate in NZ told me this went above the line)- Punchy
- How UFC ran the most successful Spotify campaign in history- Spotify
Random story of the week
- Miami Dolphins cheerleaders in Call me maybe stunt- WOW!